About Activate Hub
Activate Hub, (Activate! Hub), is an online non-profit organization that provides a calendar of activist events — alternative, educational and volunteer — to help normal people find ways to change their world, 7 days a week. View the Activate Hub website here.
- Needed a brand identity system: parent logo, 3 child logos, color palette and business card.
- Brand identity should have elements that can be applied throughout the website.
- Communicate a little about what the organization does through the logo design.
- Look DIY but well-organized.
- Reflect the organization’s personality of friendly activism.
- Needed a main parent brand and three sub-brands that were different but clearly part of the main brand.
- Organization of files and documentation of how to use the brand identity was important since many employees and volunteers would be using it.
- Created brand identity that communicates what the organization does with a graphic of entities converging around the word “hub”.
- Playful 3D font looks DIY, has momentum, and feels friendly.
- Used color palette and 3-letter city codes to differentiate and unify city chapter logos.
- Converging circles have high reusability for other marketing elements.
- Provided clear documentation of color palette and how to use each logo.
(background photo by: James Cridland. Creative Commons license.)